Ms Connie sent this to me. I think it's worth posting. You may find something that speaks to you. I did. ;) Thanks Connie!
When people can walk away from you let them walk. Your destiny is never tied to anybody that left. The bible said that, "... They came out from us that it might be made manifest that they were not for us. For had they been for Us, no doubt they would have continued with us."
1 John 2:19
People leave you because they are not joined to you. Let them go. It doesn't mean that they are bad people; it just means that their part in your life story is over.
You've got to know when people's part in your story is over so that you don't keep trying to force them to stay. You've got to know and accept when dead is dead.
You've got to learn to recognize when it's over. Let me tell you something. I've got the gift of goodbye. It's the tenth spiritual gift. I believe in goodbye. It's not that I'm hateful, it's that I'm faithful, I know whatever God means for me to have He'll give it to me. If it takes too much sweat to keep it, it is no longer mine, therefore I don't need it. Stop begging people to stay. Stop trying to force them back to your story. Let them go! They have their own story to live.
LET IT GO For 2009.....
If you are holding on to something that doesn't belong to you and was never intended for your life, then you need to.....LET IT GO!
If you are holding on to past hurts and pains....LET IT GO!
If someone can't treat you right, love you back and see your worth..LET IT GO!
If someone has angered you..... LET IT GO!
If you are holding on to some thoughts of evil and revenge.... LET IT GO!
If you are involved in a wrong relationship or addiction..... LET IT GO!
If you are holding on to a job that breaks your inner peace..... LET IT GO!
If you knowingly maintain a bad attitude......LET IT GO!
If you keep judging others to make yourself feel better.....LET IT GO!
If you're stuck in the past and God is trying to take you to a new level in Him...... LET IT GO!
If you are struggling trying to hold on to a broken relationship....LET IT GO!
If you keep trying to help someone who won't even try to help themselves.....LET IT GO!
If you're feeling depressed and stressed......LET IT GO!
If there is a particular situation that you can no longer handle yourself, " then you must.....Let God have it....LET IT GO!
Let the past be the past. GOD has already built your future! Forget the former things. LET IT GO!
You can only make room for God's Love, Peace and Blessings if you drop hatred, useless struggles and LET IT GO!
"The past cannot be changed.......the future is uncertain. Enjoy every second of your present!
You Are Richly Blessed!
40 Tips for Better Life - 2009
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. While you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. Buy a DVR and tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to __________ today.'
5. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
6. Play more games and read more books than you did in 2008.
7. Make time to practice meditation and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, OR issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17.. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the NEGATIVE BLUES away.
18. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
23. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
26. Forgive everyone for everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
28. REMEMBER GOD heals everything.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
35. Do the right thing!
36. Call your family often. (Or email them to death!)
37. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________.
38. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
39. Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disney World and you certainly don't want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
40. May your troubles be less, May your blessings be more, May nothing but happiness come through your door!